FIRST LEGO League Challenge (FLL) is a robotics competition for grades 4 – 8 that uses LEGO Mindstorms to teach science, math, engineering, teamwork, and problem solving.
Watch this video to learn about RePLAY, the FLL Robot Challenge for 2020-21:
FLL is one of four competition levels under the FIRST program. FIRST stands for For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology. FIRST LEGO League and Junior FIRST LEGO League (or FLL and JFLL, for short) are powerful programs that help young people discover the fun in science and technology while building self-confidence, knowledge, and valuable employment and life skills.
Every year, students in grades preK – 5 (FLL Discover) and grades 4 – 8 (FLL Challenge) meet twice a week during competition season to research a real world problem, present scientific solutions, and build a robot to navigate a themed obstacle course.
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Contact us to learn more about Kerrville FIRST LEGO League Challenge.