The Kerrville Robotics Alliance provides extracurricular opportunities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, teamwork, and leadership to serve students in the Texas Hill Country, regardless of gender, racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic status. This program includes the use of robotics parts, tools, computers, and programming.
The Kerrville Robots Alliance supports teams in Kerrville ISD and Ingram ISD as well as local homeschool students. FIRST LEGO League serves grades 5-8, and FIRST Tech Challenge serves grades 8-12.
FIRST LEGO League (FLL)
FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC)
- Kerrville launched its first FIRST robotics team in 2012 during the Senior Solutions season. The program is now in its 9th year.
- KISD launched its FIRST LEGO League program at Tom Daniels in 2013. Their first year, they won the Project Award.
- During the 2019-20 season, Kerrville had 17 robotics teams, involving approximately 34 coaches and 170 students.
- The Kerrville Robotics Alliance hosted competitions in 2019 and 2020 at Schreiner University that attracted hundreds of students and parents from south and central Texas.
- Since 2017, teams in Kerrville have qualified three times to compete against teams from around the world in the FIRST Championship.
- In 2017, the Kerrville Robotics Alliance (KRA) formed as a 501(c)3 nonprofit to support coaches, teachers, and students. Since then, KRA has sponsored league fees and robotics materials for a new high school team at Tivy and a new FLL team at Ingram Tom Moore Middle School.
What People Say
I have the opportunity to share my passion and interest in collaboration with my teammates and friendsJack
(FIRST student since 2013)
This is one of the best things I’ve ever seen for students. And competitions are so much fun!Marcus Goodyear
(mentor and coach since 2012)
I have gotten the chance to embrace my abilities with graphic and word design and social media strategy.Abigail
(FIRST student since 2019)
These are the specific objectives and purpose of the Kerrville Robotics Alliance:
- To provide instruction in technology projects to hone young minds through hands on experience,
- To provide facilities, equipment, and hospitality for participants to engage creatively in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- To provide opportunities for participants to focus their ambition through the participation, sponsorship, or hosting of science expos, educational events and competitions.
- To provide opportunities for young people to build character and share their growing knowledge in service and leadership to others.